As parent or guardian of a Maplewood Lacrosse Club player, I will:
TEACH MY CHILD RESPONSIBILITY
• I will be sure my child makes every effort to attend practices and games as scheduled and on time.
• I will be sure my child is picked up from practices and games at the time of their conclusion.
• I will make sure that the coach is notified in the event that my child cannot attend a practice or a game.
I understand that unexcused absences from practices and games show a lack of commitment and responsibility, and will be dealt with accordingly.
• I will encourage my child’s lacrosse development by encouraging him to work independently at home on skills learned in team practices.
TEACH MY CHILD TO RESPECT OTHERS
• I will not use foul language, nor ridicule or criticize the referee, coaches or other players, by yelling from the sidelines or by making dramatic arm movements.
• I will not argue with fans from opposing teams.
• I will tell my child that the official is human and sometimes makes mistakes while controlling the game,
but that the referee does not "make or break" the outcome of the game.
• I will allow the team coach to coach the game from the appropriate side of the field without interference or suggestions from me. I will not shout instructions to players from the sidelines.
• I will not criticize decisions by the coaches or referees when discussing any game with my child.
• I will direct any comments or suggestions to the coach, and I will wait at least 24 hours after a game before doing so.
TEACH MY CHILD GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP
• I will applaud a good effort in victory and defeat.
• I will applaud good play by the opposing team.
• I will discipline my child for use of foul or inappropriate language, or for engaging in unsportsmanlike conduct.
• I will learn the Player's Code of Conduct and will take advantage of every opportunity to reinforce this code
with my child.
I understand the conduct expected of me as a parent or guardian of a Maplewood Lacrosse Club
player. I acknowledge that my failure to conduct myself in accordance with the Code of Conduct
as stated may result in the removal of my child from his team.